Those fortunate enough to bear witness to Ashland, Oregon’s beauty every day know it’s impossible not to share it with others, especially during the fall and winter months. There’s no better way to cap off an afternoon of skiing at picturesque Mt. Ashland, an evening sampling delicious Rogue Valley wines or a night dining at nationally renowned restaurants than with a visit to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, also known as OSF.
An artistic staple and theater destination in the Southern Oregon community for more than eighty years, OSF is a permanent fixture on the “must see” lists of visitors and residents alike. Here is where the world’s greatest contemporary artists showcase modern plays, right alongside Shakespearean and classical works of the theatrical canon. Like the generations of art lovers who have grown up with us over the decades, we never get tired of a beautiful evening of live performance.
This November, OSF is thrilled to welcome “It’s Christmas, Carol!” a hysterical reverent, musical adaptation of Charles Dickens’ masterful tale, “A Christmas Carol,” back to the OSF stage. This zany, song-skewered comedy was such a hit with 2021 audiences that the festival is bringing it back for a second spectacular holiday. Come see it for the first time—or, if you saw it in 2021, come see it again! The play runs November 23, 2022 through January 1, 2023 in the Angus Bowmer Theatre.
It’s no secret that there are hundreds of reasons to round out 2022 at OSF, but here are 22 (see what we did there?) to get started!
- You can (literally!) give your loved ones the gift of uncontrollable laughter with a ticket to “It’s Christmas, Carol!”
- Explore the history of the Angus Bowmer Theatre, named after the festival founder.
- Bathe in the beauty of an OSF winter.
- Enjoy delicious fare in the theatre’s lobbies.
- Cold outside? The selection of local wine and coffee will warm you up!
- OSF is appropriate fun for the whole family.
- Dress how you feel best—whether that’s to impress, wrapped up in an old puffer, or in costume!
- Discover what’s behind “It’s Christmas, Carol!” on a guided, walking tour.
- Stop by OSF’s gift shop and secure a unique holiday present.
- Warm up after a day of jam-packed winter adventures!
- Behold the smiling faces of OSF’s friendly staff, all here to ensure you have the best time at the fest.
- Accidentally bump into a starry actor or director at OSF’s world-renowned venue.
- Directly support the writers, performers, and designers in the Ashland community.
- Laugh along to new jokes and new cast members in “It’s Christmas, Carol!”
- Walk, hike, or jog along Ashland Creek, right in OSF’s backyard!
- OSF abides by ADA ticketing rules and mobility guidelines—the festival wants its art to be enjoyed by everyone!
- Delve deeper into “It’s Christmas, Carol” at one of OSF’s free, post-show discussions.
- Immerse your senses in The Complete Lavender Experience, just steps away from OSF.
- Pamper yourself before the show with a service from OSF’s neighbors at Waterfront Spa.
- Directly impact the growth of Southern Oregon’s labor economy.
- Take a romantic winter stroll along OSF’s gorgeous grounds.
- It’s never too early to introduce the little ones in your life to the power of live theater.